Find us on Google+

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!



Hello and Happy Mother's Day! I hope this blog finds you blessed with happiness! We are alive, and that is reason to be happy in and of itself! This is just a short post to check in and try to get back into the habit of writing. I'm undergoing so many changes right now, and I find having a way to creatively express myself can help give me perspective. Besides, today has been a heck of a day and I have a message to get out there, but I'll get to that later. 

Mom and Grama Betty before lunch!
I was able to visit with mom and grandma Betty, and we hit up our favorite spot to eat in town, Castiglia's. It was great spending time with them, just hanging out. We take for granted so much of the time that passes by. Days can turn into weeks, and weeks into months. Then we find ourselves wishing for just one more day. I can remember as if it were yesterday, my sister, Nicki, and I were kids and all of the excitement around Mother's Day. We'd wake up early to prepare breakfast, trying to not awaken mom. It was so exciting! Now Nicki is in GA, with two of her own, and breakfast has turned into lunch. Thank goodness for lunch! 

On the way to Keyser, I almost made a huge boo boo. Driving through Cumberland, I'm having a moment in losing my zen, which is never good for me, but my estranged husband is sitting in the car next to me and I'm thankful he's letting me borrow the car so I can go see my family, but I'm frustrated as hell. I need a car! I'm on Centre St. at the stop sign, looking left and pull forward. SHIT! STOP!!! A car. I'm not on Centre at all, I'm on Liberty and almost hit this poor woman and a car full of people because I was looking the wrong way. My heart is pounding, and I'm shocked. Obscenities start flying out of her mouth. I didn't even have a chance to say I'm sorry before she flew off! For some reason, my zen totally pops in and I can't even get mad and scream back at her. All I could think to do was blow her a kiss, and that was not well received. (I promise lady, I'm not really an asshole!) At that point all I could do was laugh at the absurdity of it all. So here is my message, just in case it gets out there, and you know who you are :)  Look lady, I really just wanted to get to my mom and Grama. I'm sorry I almost hit you, but thank goodness I didn't. I would've said I'm sorry if you didn't fly off the hook so fast. I hope you weren't angry for too long. 

This has been my daily reminder that when squeezed or put under pressure, your reaction shows you what you are made of. 


1 comment: